East Greenwich Free Library

Knowledge is Priceless

82 Peirce St., East Greenwich, RI 02818

(401) 884-9510

Mon - Thu: 10am - 8pm
Fri - Sat: 10am - 4pm

Historic Images of East Greenwich

St. Luke's Church interior in 1875 - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Our Lady of Mercy Church and Rectory - 500 Main Street - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Friends Meeting House - interior - church - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Friends Meeting House - built 1804, West side of Peirce Street near Spring, location of Town House Parking Lot. - church - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
First East Greenwich library - Peirce and Montrose Street - also the Royal Arcanium Building and later Sunday Schools for First Baptist Church. The land was purchased in 1870 and this was the library until 1915. In 1955 a Baptist Church house was built on this site. Photo c. 1920 - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Library
Tarbox Chapel - This church has been demolished. It stood north of Tarbox Corner on the right side of the road. - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
St. Luke's Church with Academy Windsor dorm to the south (left) - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Unidentified Church interior - Memorial Tablet at left is dedicated to Silas Axtell Crane, for thirty years a rector of this church, born 1796, died 1879 (?) - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Old Baptist Meeting House - church - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Frenchtown Baptist Seminary - moved to New England Wireless and Steam Museum - corner of Tillinghast and Frenchtown Road - church - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
St. Luke's Episcopal Church - postcard - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
St. Luke's Church - postcard - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Our Lady of Mercy Church and Rectory - 500 Main Street - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Methodist Church (lower left) - Main Street - August 1939 - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
First Baptist Church - Pastor was Rev. Elmer F. West - corner of Montrose Street - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Methodist Church at Main and Queen Street before front removed. Built 1831, enlarged 1850, photo prior to 1891 - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Six Principle Baptist Church - East Greenwich
Churches, East Greenwich
Main Street looking south from Montrose Street c. 1900 - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Main Street
Annie Jester behind Kent Restaurant - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Christopher A. Shippee at upper left edge, on his farm with his potato crop and 4 workers - Middle Road - c. 1890 (?) - people - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Christopher A. Shippee on his farm with his dairy cattle - Middle Road - c. 1890 (?) - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Major General Nathanael Greene Memorial at the Forge - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Payne's Pond looking west - ice skating - Kenyon Avenue - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Kenyon Avenue
Main Street looking north - Kent Theater on the left, formerly U.S.O. Next is Ross Aker Furniture and 1st E.G. Almac's Store. On the right, Caatholic Church property later Solomon-Silverman. Cities Service gas station on the right. - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Main Street
Main Street looking north - The tree on the left is at Court Street. On the right is King Street with Browning's on the corner. Hanaford Grocery on the left, Bergstrom Grocery on the right. - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Goddard Park - East Greenwich Library
East Greenwich, Warwick
Railroad - Engine No. 1256 at the corner of London Street in 1908 - East Greenwich
East Greenwich
Transportation - This was one of two taxi wagons operated by Henry Weeden from 1900-1920. Six horses were used to pull the wagon. The horses were kept in a stable at King and Duke Streets. The driver would meet the electric trolley cars and carry visitors to the hospital on North Quidnesset Road. The establishment later became known as the Scalabrini Home, but then it was known as the Crawford Allen hospital. - East Greenwich Library
East Greenwich
Goddard Park - Warwick - East Greenwich Library
East Greenwich, Warwick
Stable at Goddard Park - Warwick - East Greenwich Library
East Greenwich, Warwick
Bostitch - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Greenwich bleachery - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Dry Salters - John Reid fourth from right - people - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Dry Salters - located at Main, Union, and Greene Streets. Taken over by Hercules Powder in 1939. Part of mill destroyed by fire in 1959. Ross Aker remodeled a section for his furniture store - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Champlin Lumber Company - sign also advertises brick, lime, hair - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Warren B. Finn - Certified Wholesale Dealer - Oysters and Clams - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
F.S. Nock Shipyard later Nortons - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
F.S. Nock Shipyard later Nortons - F.S. Nock started in 1900 - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
F.S. Nock Shipyard later Nortons - F.S. Nock started in 1900 - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Allen's Mill Blacksmith Shop - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Saw mill - early 1900s - set up in woods known as The Maple Swamp belonging to Louis Fry - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Fire station - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Browning's - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Hotel Updike - American Legion Convention 1924 - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Restaurant and lunch room owned by George Dickson - clam chowder was 15 cents - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Updike Hotel - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Earnshaw Drug Company soda fountain and booths - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Joseph Greene rope walk - built 1766 - operated by Joseph Greene and sons during Revolutionary War, located on Castle Street overlooking the bay - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Asa Arnold Machine Shop - William G. Barry Plumbing Shop at time of photo (on sign) - built by Asa Arnold c. 1775 (1845?) - located on S.E. corner of division and Marlborough Street - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry
Blacksmith shop on Davisville Road - industry - East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Industry

Pages